ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

evaluating WSW: how do you get forums (like this one) to work?

(1/1)

urlwolf:
If I use the macro facility, then I can log in with my user name, but the entire page is highlighted.

If I use the wizard for forums, and select headers etc, I get a better highlighted page (selective) but no username login/no unread post stuff.

I remember seeing a video/page somewhere in dc explaining how to do that, but can't find it...

Up to now, my veredict for WSW is that it's so complex that it takes more time than it's worth; I know someone will prove me wrong...

f0dder:
If you want to monitor the forum, set wsw to monitor the RSS feed...

taichimaster:
What I do is to configure the bookmark to "Use Internal Cookie System" under the Advanced Properties.  That way you can configure it save the username/password.

mouser:
how do you get forums (like this one) to work?
--- End quote ---
i think wsw comes with dc forum as a built-in sample, you could take a look at it.

aignes:
By default, WSW uses Internet Explorer cookies. If you are logged in in IE, then it should work automatically in WSW, no explicit login is required. This method works with all major forums (except phpBB). You can also use the internal cookie system and determine the cookies manually with MiniBrowser.

If you want to perform the login directly in WSW, then you have to record a macro and use the forum wizard afterwards (Wizard button in the bookmark properties). What doesn't exactly work here? I use that method myself for some password protected phpBB forums without problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version