ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (14/18) > >>

pinkjimiphoton:
righteous, congrats....if ian thinks it's good, it must be!! now i gotta bust his stones, he was supposed to give my tunes some props a couple newsletters ago...lol

Gothi[c]:
Ok, finished the new version, folks :)

New features:

-Full screen / stay on top settings (hit the F11 button to toggle full screen)

- Adjustable speeds for the keyboard shortcuts/default speed, which gets saved along with your text when you save as .XML

So in other words, now you can hit the play button, and then hit F11 to have it scrolling full screen, you can still control the speed with the keyboard shortcuts, and pause/resume with the space bar.

Since different songs have different tempo or bpm (which is I guess, the modern term these days.) you no longer have to keep changing the speed every time you load a song, it will just use whatever settings you have set for it as soon as you load it. ( File -> Preferences  to change the speed settings )

You can go download it from http://linkerror.com/bpmnotepad.cgi?section=download

I haven't yet put all of you who suggested the features I added in the about box, but you will be in the next version. A BIG THANK YOU for all of your input everyone ;)

Still no smooth scrolling though, that one is going to involve a bit more work. The next one may or may not have it; same with the mirroring feature.

[edit]
Some small bugs i just noticed:

- You may get a window popup complaining about xml parsing when you open/save a non-xml file.
- Anything under the list menu seems broken?

Will fix it later, I will be away this weekend and have to leave soon, so I won't have time now :)

jgpaiva:
 ;D ;D This is a pretty whicked idea, and you seem to have acomplished it with grand perfection, gothi[c]!
Congrats  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Gothi[c]:
...and you seem to have acomplished it with grand perfection, gothi[c]!

--- End quote ---
You must have overlooked my 'Some small bugs I just noticed' section ;)
Also one very important feature missing imo (and will be added asap) is font type/size combo boxes in the toolbar.
Implementing that is easy enough, but i'm running out of space on the toolbar, so i'll be switching to multiple removable/movable/customizable toolbars. (wxWidgets has a few fun classes for that).

jgpaiva:
You say that adding those controls to the app is easy with wxWidgets?
Whoa, then i should check it out! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version