ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (8/18) > >>

pinkjimiphoton:
Gothi(c),i'm downloading now...nice site!!
and thanks for the props, i will add a link or three to my website next time i update it.
will post again as soon as i try it.
thanks again!!

pinkjimiphoton:
works great!
dude, you are a CODING SNACK GOD!! :) 8) :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-*

Gothi[c]:
he thinks it should be flash based, cuz then it will be cross platform compatible.
he may have an idea!

--- End quote ---

It's already cross platform compatible ;)
I have a binary download for linux and windows, if you want it on a mac, or on a portable device, or something else, all you have to do is recompile it.

First, I wanted to suggest an alternative to hacking a PC keyboard,
mainly because I don't think many computers are set up to handle 2
keyboards at once ... so that might be a prob.

--- End quote ---

No, the way we've been describing it here, there is only ONE chip, not one for each pedal. they all hook up to the same chip, so as far as the computer knows, it sees only one keyboard.

That way Linux or Unix users would
not have to compile source code,

--- End quote ---

They don't there is a linux binary included, besides, most unix users should be used to compiling things from source ;)

Speaking of Macs, if you and DC made this in Adobe Flash, it would be
cross-platform for Mac

--- End quote ---

If i had a mac i could compile you a binary for mac, but you can easily have it running on your mac if you download the source code and wxwidgets 2.8, it will be compiled in no time. I'm very much against the idea of using flash, simply because 1) it's not the right tool for the job, you wouldn't be able to make a nice text editor like we have now. 2) it would have to run inside a browser or a flash player 3) it would run slower, c++ runs the code natively. 4) it wouldn't be as easy to expand upon. 5) it would simply be a lot less elegant :)

I would like a simple TelePrompTer
that loaded a plain text file, let me control the scroll speed, and
had a few controls that should be available all the time, while it's
running:

- toggle scroll direction
- increase speed
- decrease speed
- reverse [as in, mirror-image] the screen

Those are needed, I feel, for actual TelePrompTer use, where a person
is looking at the camera and trying to read from the prompter at the
same time.

--- End quote ---

It's not a teleprompter. The intention was to have Jimi to be able to read his text while playing an instrument, there is no camera involved. And I'm sure he can make use of the functionality of being able to insert images, plain text would be a step backwards imo. The increase/decrease speed functionality is already there, i can easily add a shortcut to reverse the direction.

pinkjimiphoton:

It's not a teleprompter. The intention was to have Jimi to be able to read his text while playing an instrument, there is no camera involved. And I'm sure he can make use of the functionality of being able to insert images, plain text would be a step backwards imo. The increase/decrease speed functionality is already there, i can easily add a shortcut to reverse the direction.

-Gothi[c] (March 22, 2007, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

yep....plain text isn;t what i need, i need to be able to use html tags/formatting so i can position chords for instance over the proper lyrics...plain text, even if word wrap is turned off, is too iffy...stuff doesn;t line up right unless you treat it almost as ASCII instead of a page.
basically, i needed something that would scroll words/music etc at a rate so i could watch it while playing or singing to keep me on cue...and this thing , now that the couple bugs are worked out works PERFECT!
for a teleprompter, yah, flash may be good...but i want something small, not bloatware like an internet browser when i'm recording.
the less crap running, the better the DAW runs, anyways.
good idea on moonie's part, i can see where he's going, but his need is subtly different from mine...if it were just words, his idea may be great...but i need the versatility that this snack offers.
it is COOL!!
i LOVE IT!!
it is IMneverHO damn near perfect for my uses!!
i applaud anyone for thinking along the lines , but special props gotta go to Gothi(c)...this thing freekin RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWKS! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Gothi[c]:
I'll try and think of a way to implement the mirror image thing and the smooth scrolling. It will probably involve overriding the OnPaint event,... I don't think this is something that will be implemented soon though, I can't spend too much time on it either. But we'll see :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version