ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (2/18) > >>

pinkjimiphoton:
The idea I was having is, the first time you record the scrolling speed by hitting the spacebar in a beat, the program will adjust accordingly, then you save it along with the recorded speed/beat data, and later you'd be able to play back with the variable speed(s) in the way you recorded it. When you're actually using it while playing an instrument you'd be playing back a pre-recorded scrollspeed.
-Gothi[c] (March 19, 2007, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
wow...thanks for the great ideas, and so quick!!!!!!
i bet it would be something to do with just finding a new  way to interface with the scrolling feature already IN windows.
all are good ideas, the key is you CAN use the scroll feature already to do this, but it's a pain to get it right, ideally it would scroll like a teleprompter does.
getting the speed to scroll fast or slow isn;t so much of a prob as having it scroll at the right speed from jump street...when yer wrapped in wires, and are trying to remember to hit the big red record button at the right time after getting the scrolling started...whew!!
can make ya need more hands and an extra brain.
i like the foot idea, us guitar players love to stomp on things...
but it's actually harder than it may seem to get the speed RIGHT...that's why i was thinking maybe tap the space bar like analogx's most excellent tap tempo (freeware).
thanks for checking out this thread, and for the warm welcome!
peace
jimi

Gothi[c]:
Making it scroll a variable amount at the tap of the spacebar would actually be way easyer to implement than a record/playback feature. Working on it ;)

pinkjimiphoton:
you like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rock!!!
=))

Gothi[c]:
It's almost done, most of it works already, but i need to run to the grocery store now, i'll finish the rest of it when i get back, give me a few hours yet ;)

Gothi[c]:
Ok, it's finished.

Windows download: here
Linux binary + source code: here

[edit]
There are newer versions available! Some people seem to be still downloading 1.0 from this thread. Please check other messages in this thread or visit http://linkerror.com/bpmnotepad.cgi?section=download to get the latest version. 
[/edit]

If you want it on another platform other than windows or linux, you'll have to recompile (makefiles for various platforms included, though it may need some editing)

The source is really a hack for the wxwidgets richedit sample, so the source is very crude, and in only one .cpp file.

I hope it does what you need it to do.

A screenshot:

Basics:

* Hit the play button in the toolbar and scrolling will start.
* Hit the space bar to pause/resume the scrolling while active.
* You can use hotkeys ctrl+0..9 to quickly adjust scrolling speed.
* You can use the textfield in the title bar to enter a custom scrollspeed number.
* Other than that it works as a normal text editor.
* Use format->Font or the blue A icon in the toolbar (select text first)
Note : The value in the speed text field is how many milliseconds it takes in between scrolling one line
PS: Currently the scrolling toggles (pause or scroll) with the spacebar button, if you'd like this to behave differently, where you have to continiously tap to scroll, i can implement it or add it as a setting/option later, i just figured that this method would be less intensive in the tapping, and thus maybe easyer.

I'll put up a website with documentation later.

I hope it helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version