ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (16/18) > >>

Fred Nerd:
I can't get it to install on XP. I downloaded the zip file but it Windows wouldn't extract it (unexpected end of file).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Grorgy:
when thats happened to me its seems to be something gone wrong in the download, i download it again and try that, if that doesnt work i resort to sacrificing chickens and weird incantations

Fred Nerd:
I've tried downloading from 2 different browsers, I've tried downloading the earlier version, I've tried downloading the source code but then I realised that my compiler isn't supported by that widgets add-on, or whatever it is, which is needed, and I'm not sure if I should get another compiler just for this program. I only got the the other one to try to inspire me to learn coding but it never got off the ground, but thats beside the point.

Anyway it looks like chooks and incantations may be called for, but with my luck, they won't work either.

Thanks for your very useful suggestion  :lol:

Gothi[c]:
Hi Fred Nerd

I just tried to download and unzip the v1.1.1 version for windows, and it worked for me. Maybe you should try different zip software?

If you absolutely can't get it to work at all, I can always upload the uncompressed .exe just for you ;)

The source code and wxWidgets can be compiled with most C++ compilers including: gcc, microsoft visual c++ (visual studio), cygwin/gcc, mingw, digital mars, and maybe bcb (borland c++)(not sure about that last one).

To compile the BPMNotepad source, you need to first download and compile the wxWidgets source.

pinkjimiphoton:
hi Fred Nerd,
(remarkably close to fender,......hmmmmm....kewl name where i come from!!)

a couple things...
is your pc a dell?
it won;t run on my laptop either, but works great on my main sled.
my dell is strictly for recording, so i don;t run anti malware stuff on it....so no net.
could be an update issue.
i freekin loathe microsoft (i could tell ya stories...they really are way more intrusive than ,ost folks think) but you may need to update your XML stuff...some of them "Sh*tical updates will screw all kindsa stuff up.
lastly, two more ideas...
well, three...
if running norton antivirus, that's why nothing works right.

if any malware infection, stuff won;t download right (which sounds like your problem).
reboot while tapping F8 and choose safe mode.
if you HAVE no safe mode, your'e definitly infected. get back to us.
while in safe mode, run adaware, nue any nastys, and dump your browser caches (start>settings>control panel>internet options>delete files> yes>delete offline content should be checked. do this twice.
reboot.
see if you can download the file now.
if you can, prob solved.
get a good firewall.
good luck dude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version