ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

(1/18) > >>

pinkjimiphoton:
hey folks, i'm a musician, and like to do everything on my pc, including lyrics and arrangements for the stuff i write. 8)
i have windows xp, and usually just scroll down as i go ...no big deal if i'm singing (other than having to reach down and scroll the page lower) but when i'm playing an instrument, that can be a chore. >:(
i noticed that if i press and hold my mouse wheel, i can set it to slowly scroll the text files i use down, but it's really hard to get it at the right speed to sync with a song.
so i was thinking maybe one of you amazin' developer gurus philanthropists may be able to help me and all the rest of the musos out there by making this idea a reality... :-*
i need something that will alow me to set , by BPM (beats per Minute) the scrolling speed of text files...be they .htm/htm/, .txt or .doc, whatever....i mean like, maybe tap the spacebar to the beat, and the page starts scrolling at THAT SPEED. :tellme:
i hope i'm making sense...
is there anyway to make this a reality?
it seems (i hope) like a simple enough idea.
thanks for the time and consideration.
please feel free to get some of my music (free) here:
http://indiehitz.net/html/bands/56 (60 some- odd rock/blues/other songs of all varietys , and all done with open source software called AUDACITY!)
thanks again...
peace
jimi :Thmbsup:

Gothi[c]:
Hi, Jimi!
Welcome to the site!

It's an interesting idea. Maybe I'll see what I can do if my time permits it, and if nobody else beats me to it. (Please don't let this keep anyone else from volunteering!)

I think the hardest part would be to fine-tune the scrolling to the BPM. (eg: how do you know how fast scrolling should be at a certain BPM rate?) Maybe this can be an adjustable variable setting or something.

mouser:
maybe tap the spacebar to the beat, and the page starts scrolling at THAT SPEED
--- End quote ---

cool idea.
there should be some software out there for scrolling text display for people reading off cue cards, etc., for speeches and stuff.

but i love the idea of a simple text editor which would let you:
1) edit text files
2) change font to be as big as you want.
3) set scroll speed and have it scroll the text at that speed with hotkeys for easy adjustment of speeds.

nudone:
maybe you could provide a way for the speed of the scroll to be controlled by something that's easy and quick to adjust - something variable too. perhaps something like the position of the cursor relative to the screen (up or down).

i'm just suggesting something like this as maybe it would be quick to adjust and therefore simple to adjust the speed. perhaps it would be too difficult to control. it's kind of daft but i was thinking maybe you could put the mouse on the floor and control the speed by moving the mouse with your foot - just up and down. then it's like a foot pedal - a bit.

Gothi[c]:
The idea I was having is, the first time you record the scrolling speed by hitting the spacebar in a beat, the program will adjust accordingly, then you save it along with the recorded speed/beat data, and later you'd be able to play back with the variable speed(s) in the way you recorded it. When you're actually using it while playing an instrument you'd be playing back a pre-recorded scrollspeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version