|Name of app reviewed||SpellCatcher Plus|
|App Version Reviewed||3 (latest)|
|Test System Specs||WinXp Pro|
|Supported OSes||Mac and most of Windows including Vista|
|Support Methods||forum and email (i.e., forum, email, phone, etc)|
|Upgrade Policy||Policy for upgrades. If pay per upgrade, put price here for upgrades|
|Trial Version Available?||14 day trial.|
|Pricing Scheme||lite and plus version for $30 and $40, see here http://www.rainmakerinc.c...tcherplus/difference.html|
|Screencast Video URL||http://www.rainmakerinc.c...ts/spellcatcherplus/tour/|
|Relationship btwn. Reviewer and Product||REVIEWER: Just a user.|
Best I've seen in this category. It delivers on these features GLOBALLY in any application you work with:
- Check your spelling as you type
- Quickly access a Dictionary and Thesaurus so you can find just the right word when you need it...
- Helps you to type much faster by expanding shortcuts you've created into phrases.
- Performs checking on text selections that you've already typed.
- Processes text selections including counting the number of words, sentences, capitalizing sentences, removing multiple spaces, search and replace text strings, get statistics, convert case and more.
- spell Catcher is also a multi-lingual tool. It can check your words if you're working in nine different languages.
- Spell Catcher waits in the back ground until you want it, not taking up valuable screen space
See here for more details http://www.rainmakerinc.c...roducts/spellcatcherplus/
SCREENSHOT OF APP INTERFACE HERE
Who is this app designed for:
Anyone who uses a keyboard.
- It does what it says it can and does it very well.
- Used it for > 2 years. Stable and performing. Do not remember it crashing on me once.
- GLOBAL is global. It always worked in all applications I've used. Never had issues. You can selectively disable it on a any application you like too.
- Feature full. The option panel has at least over 100 different options.
- Developer is responsive via forums.
The needs improvement section
- development has been slow. No major updates over a year now except for a interim one for IE7 and vista compatibility.
- Some features can benefit from some improvements like the application executions lists.
- text expansion does not support RTF
Why I think you should use this product
- Offers 5 major text manipulation features, all in one package. Will never find these features in one app.
- Check spelling in any application as you type it and if already typed too.
- Run format scripts on any text e.g. remove line breaks, capitalize first letter, do a character count and much more.
- shorthand expansion is nicest I've seen. show a little popup for you to see before accepting it.
How does it compare to similar apps
- this Comparison applies on the ones I listed below.
- None has this many features.
- None offers stability and performance I've seen in this one.
This is what I tested with ...
Best in breed software