ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Bugs 'n' suggestion

<< < (6/12) > >>

mouser:
i've uploaded a new beta version of the exe (same url),
can you try it again and tell me what it shows in the new popup box when it does its mistake of not asking on save?
hopefully this will be the last clue i need.
(ironic that screenshot captor can't be used to capture an image of itself isnt it?)

https://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/ScreenshotCaptor.exe

Carol Haynes:
I think I have narrowed it down a bit ...

here are the gui responses with the Debugging version.

The other thing I have noticed is that JPG files respond correctly, but I have been saving my desktop as GIF files, and they do not respond correctly!

Carol Haynes:
Tried the new beta but it is still happening.

Oddly after I installed your debug version I restored the original version and it then started happening intermittently in all formats, but then started working fine !!!

The new beta seems to be an intermittent problem too - once it starts to work properly it seems fine, but it didn't work properly to start with ???

All very strange ... :-[

mouser:
i believe the cause can be seen is in your screenshot.
somehow an extra space is finding its way into the filename when it saves it and its causing it to think the file is not overwriting an existing file.  see how the two file names in the debug message are different only in that the first has an extra space?

ok i think i have enought info to fix this now.

mouser:
and i just confirmed that the reason i wasnt seeing it in mine is that i had changed my quickfield and filename template from the default values.

the default values you are using are causing the odd extra space in file names.

this also explains the intermitentness - i will bet dollars to donuts that when it seemed to be working for you is when you were working with files that had already been saved with dif name.

ok i should be able to fix this in next hour or so, then i can get back to working on next version of find&run robot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version