While reading this
thread on DC forum about file encryption, I came across this blog entry from last week by the author of the well-know open source encryption tool AxCrypt.
It seems that he has just released an alpha preview version of a complete rewrite of his encryption software (AxCrypt2Go):http://www.axantum.c...Crypt/Blog/Blog.html
(see also http://www.axantum.c...t/Architecture2.html
News 2006-02-26! There is now an alpha-version, or community preview, of AxCrypt2Go available. This is the next generation of AxCrypt - completely rewritten, faster and it runs without installation, from a USB-driver or any other media. Download (Win 2K/XP only!) now, and give us your feedback!
..the following are now the primary design goals of AxCrypt 2.x:
* Security within the bounds of a user mode program.
* Ease of use.
* Install-free AxCrypt2Go version as well as the traditional AxCrypt shell extension.
* Full cross platform portability for non-interactive and command line components.
* More robust and less complex installer.
* International user interface support.
* Compatibility with AxCrypt 1.x
* 256-bit encryption.
* Open Source.