topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Proxies  (Read 4213 times)

spander

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Proxies
« on: March 14, 2007, 08:08 PM »
My first attempt to post on the forum; please consider the possible errors.
A few days ago Kim Komando had a Tip about using a proxy in order to surf the Internet anonymously. When I attempted to open the three Kim recommended, then some other I Googled the results were the same. My PC-cillin 2007 went wild (along with most of the spyware I have installed).

I couldn't open them as my security stuff wouldn't let me.  Can anyone(s) please shed some light on the truth about stealth surfing with a proxy, and where I might find one that itself isn't full of malware and other crud.

From Vermont, USA   Thank you

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Proxies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 06:03 AM »
I'm sure you're not the only one wanting to know what the current state of anonymous surfing is.. I look forward to a reply from some of the people here who know something about this and the current software to support it.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14 AM »
Don't know too much about anonymous surfing, but wasn't programs like JAP and Tor made to achieve this?

spander

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Yes. Tor was one of Kim Komando's Tips. Trend Micro 2007 and various spyware flash warnings such as I have never encountered before. As a matter of fact Tor (and others) are blocked by my security and can't open.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 01:10 PM »
That's probably because tor does install things at the network level and opens some ports to send and receive connections from other tor nodes. That would make firewalls warn you about it.