ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (12/34) > >>

tomos:
Thats a good bit better.
(I tidied up the urls)

Thinking of moving the comments,
which are maybe of most importance,
to under the web address which will make the post a lot longer but more accessible but that,
& other corrections will have to wait ...

Crush:
The first excel-table I started before this cataloger-list was a speed comparison benchmark of some catalogers - the remarks were technical problems and software-issues (that are at the moment only german and have to be translated first). Some results of this list have been posted here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7183.0.
Perhaps we should also release this list if someoneĀ“s interested in benchmarking?

tomos:
I'm taking a holiday I just spent the last 2 hours editing the original spreadsheet & for some reason it doesnt get converted properly anymore ... :mad:

PS Crush I think the benchmarking is maybe the most important thing ...

Crush:
I also thought at the beginning that the users will be interested mostly in speed and stability - but nearly all comments to my request showed me that special features and a nice GUI are requested more often. Flexible databases and browsing functions are more preferred than highspeed searches. Therefore I asked everywhere for user experiences with catalogers on large databases. Now I dither what points are really most important for cataloger-users?!?!?

lanux128:
tomos, i know you are tired but i have a little suggestion to make.. :) why not incorporate the app name and its website as one column since hyper-linking them would reduce the table's width..

also, one of the programs from that list is up for grabs at Giveaway of the Day..

Advanced File Organizer
Advanced File Organizer is a cataloguer for your digital data collection.

It supports all kinds of media recognized by Windows as drives: CDs, DVDs, Memory Stick cards, ZIP disks, floppies, hard drives, network drives and folders. The key point is an ability to organize the information for most effective using it later, including convenient navigation, quick and powerful search, making reports and export to other formats.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version