ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (33/34) > >>

J-Mac:
OK - No, I don't have any data CD/DVD's in the Collectorz.com software. Then again, other than CD's with software installation files I don't really have many. I stopped backing up to DVD's when my data files became too large to fit on them. I use external drives instead.

Like I said, I do use it to keep all my HDD's catalogged and I update those weekly. But as I said also, I can't help but to feel like I am so underusing the application. It appears - at least from the documentation that does come with it - that it is mostly designed to catalog media disks.

Thank you.

Jim

Darwin:
Yeah, your experience is similar to mine, Jim - I back up everything to external HDs now: OS and software instals to disc images and documents and software installers to folders. However, I *did* backup everything to CD-R for about 10 years, so have about 300 discs lying around. I was never able to cram all the contents onto the disc label with a Sharpie, so bought WhereIsIt? to catalogue what I had and where.

tomos:
This list was compiled by Crush. Updated using a version from 2009-02-14

Crono wrote a batch file that made it possible to convert it from a spreadsheet to this:
-tomos (March 14, 2007, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, just to confirm I've finalised the updating of the list combining a list from Crush (2009-02-14) with the current list (which was also based on an older list from Crush)

added a few more new ones and updated a few more old ones ;)
I made some big mistakes along the way so if you see any wrong urls please let me know!

a1cataloger V1.1
AVCataloger V3.9.2
AWS Docket V3.0
BetaSys Harddisk Cataloging V0.1
Browsy 4.0e
Camel Disc Catalog V2.2.1
CatalogShaman
Catalogue of Disks V2.00
CDCollector
CDDuplibase_145pr
CDLysee V1.3
CDScan 1.2b
D2  disc cataloger
Echo V1.0
Find my Discs
Gentibus V1.48
Inforce V4.5
JBCat v.2.0.0.11
Katalogisierer V2.5
LiteCD V0.13 (V.0.2.0 beta is available)
Lucene
MegaDisc1.15
OrganizaTe!
Primitive Disk Indexer V1.14
rooter V1.0.1
Search Backups V2
Si Cataloguer V3.0
Software Catalog V2.2.1.1
SpinOrg
StopKa V1.3
Virtual Volumes View V0.9
ZipCat Pro V3.3d
ДистриБаза 0a (Distribase)

J-Mac:
Yeah, your experience is similar to mine, Jim - I back up everything to external HDs now: OS and software instals to disc images and documents and software installers to folders. However, I *did* backup everything to CD-R for about 10 years, so have about 300 discs lying around. I was never able to cram all the contents onto the disc label with a Sharpie, so bought WhereIsIt? to catalogue what I had and where.
-Darwin (March 05, 2009, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just for the heck of it I catalogged my CD's with WhereIsIt?. I already have them in Music Collector but I wanted to see WhereIsIt do something other than just catalog my HDD's (Boring!). It did a nice job with my CD's. No cover art or anything; just the contents, which is all you really need.

Jim

tomos:
[WinCatalog 2009] Will be soon (March 16th) on BdJ http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/wincatalog-2008/ with 50% discount.  Seems a rather nice tool to me, I personnaly rely on the free lite version - for the moment.
-MerleOne (March 12, 2009, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

EDIT/
it's actually 60% off :)

WinCatalog™ Light and Standard Comparison Table

I have WinCatalog 2008 from a previous bits offer (which I've never installed :-[)
they dont have any upgrade info at their site :huh: so I mailed them

EDIT#2/
I got a very prompt, polite, and helpful mail from them telling me that there's no upgrade price
I'm one happy customer (better go install it next lol)
AND just added app name :-[ it didnt really show in original quote above

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version