ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (31/34) > >>

J-Mac:
BTW, I thought I'd mention that I am also using WhereIsIt? - or actually I am severely underusing it! I've created a catalog of each of my HDD's and - well, that's about it. I update them regularly and save them. Duh! Other than that I don't have any idea what to do with this software. I ended up getting Collectorz.com apps for my DVDs, CDs, and Books, and SoftCAT for my software inventory. So that leaves WhereIsIt? as the perennial bridesmaid, but never a bride. Documentation is disappointingly thin and the application itself is somewhat less than intuitive.

If anyone has any tips on decent uses for WhereIsIt? I'd love to hear them. Otherwise it's getting booted.

Thanks!

Jim

Crush:
It´s weird to see a whereisit user not being a big fan of it using it only for HD-tracking. The most important sense is to use it for filesearches on external data media, not only for locals.

J-Mac:
It´s weird to see a whereisit user not being a big fan of it using it only for HD-tracking. The most important sense is to use it for filesearches on external data media, not only for locals.
-Crush (March 03, 2009, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess - but doesn't Locate32 and/or Everything search those just as fast, if not faster? Or does WhereIsIt? also index the contents? If so, then there's a feature I was not aware of.

Thanks!

Jim

Darwin:
The main value of WhereIsIt?, in my opinion, is that it saves a list of all of the contents of you media in one searchable location. So, you don't have to have the CD/DVD in a drive to review its contents - indeed, you can have 200 CD's and DVD's indexed and available fron one file. It's always worked flawlessly for me in this capacity.

J-Mac:
The main value of WhereIsIt?, in my opinion, is that it saves a list of all of the contents of you media in one searchable location. So, you don't have to have the CD/DVD in a drive to review its contents - indeed, you can have 200 CD's and DVD's indexed and available fron one file. It's always worked flawlessly for me in this capacity.
-Darwin (March 03, 2009, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean by inserting the disks into the drive and letting WhereIsIt? read them, correct? That's cool but I already have all that catalogged in Movie and Music Collector.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version