ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (27/34) > >>

tomos:
Thanks Jim
I hadn't time to follow up on it - it does give 16th as date of problem (yesterday, but no time given)... will try again tomorrow and maybe contact them...

tomos:
You must also add Camel Disc Catalog to this list. Very few cataloguers can rival with it.-Tobeus (November 16, 2008, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

FF3 doesnt like it (Camel Case)
Lists it as a "reported attack site" and give these further details:

dont know are you related to the software in some way Tobeus?
looks like some sorting out needs to be done with google at any rate
-tomos (November 17, 2008, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Their site is working fine today
will add it to list this week

J-Mac:
Good man, Tom!

It actually looks pretty nice. However I am doing fine with SoftCAT Plus for my installed software catalog/database, Collectorz.com for DVD Movies, CDs, and Books, and WhereIsIt for all else. Can't fit anymore cataloging applications!   :P

Thanks!

Jim

Tobeus:
Tomos, related only as registered user. As for viruses I think that was false alarm, I use NOD32 antivirus and it remains silent…
As for this program – I switched to it from WhereIsIt. At that time WII has problems with Unicode and I have many MP3 with Unicode names and tags (Cyrillic and hieroglyph symbols). As it allow only 4GB of catalog data for test (in age of DVDs?) I don’t noticed that problem and buy it as WII have many powerful features (but so ugly and complicated interface…). Then I found CDC, tested it and bought it :-) They constantly release new version and become better and better (and may be complicated too… illness of all big soft).
P.S. There are very communicative support, I send them several bugs and suggestions and they FIXED it. Also little tip if someone will decide to buy it. I am negotiated a 40% discount $-)

Tobeus:
Can't fit anymore cataloging applications!   :P
-J-Mac (November 18, 2008, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

J-Mac, you right. When I switched, I has something about 100 DVD and it is takes significant time to rescan it. Now I have more than 1000 DVD's and 3TB on HDD's and will not rescan it even if I will find better cataloguer.  8)

But there are always new users who seek such software - for them I recommend to try CDC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version