ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Seems like a memory leak.

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
do either of you have any clue what might be causing this?
any hint about what triggers it?

bob - it ran for a while and then showed this? did you do anything right before it happened?

it's really strange because i and *many* people run this tool 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, for months and never seen this.

is it possible that it's trying to tame some specific process that triggers the problem?
can you reproduce the crash reliably?

m_s:
I run it 24/7 on two laptops - both XP SP2 - without any problems...

bob666:
do either of you have any clue what might be causing this?
any hint about what triggers it?

bob - it ran for a while and then showed this? did you do anything right before it happened?

it's really strange because i and *many* people run this tool 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, for months and never seen this.

is it possible that it's trying to tame some specific process that triggers the problem?
can you reproduce the crash reliably?
-mouser (September 17, 2005, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, maybe i was premature with the post mouser. it only happened when i installed it, an d not since. it has been running about half and hour during this testing phase. when it did it, i received 3-4 boxes with the above mentioned error. it otherwise works flawlessly and as avertised. i will have to see if this is something that happens upon installation or upon initial execution. thankyou for responding so soon, i wan't counting on it, haha.

mouser:
well happening once is much too much.
did it happen right when it started? or was it after a delay of several minutes?

bob666:
there was quite a delay actually. about 2 minutes, that's why it surprised me. not being a programmer, i thought it was maybe something wrong on my part. i have balloon tips disabled on my system because i don't like them, so after i saw all these error boxes appear, i pressumed that it was the program trying to do what it is supposed to do (show a balloon). i just disabled the show balloons option. now as to whether this is why the error boxes have not returned or some other reason, i don't know. i will keep this page logged on so i can communicate with you if you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version