ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Super Flexible File Synchronizer Pro says Zaine

<< < (7/13) > >>

grigsoft:
Kind of offtopic here, but I will gladly provide DC community discount for my Synchronize It! (http://www.grigsoft.com/) in case smb is interested.

MrCrispy:
How does SFFS compare to Goodsync (www.goodsync.com). One of the features which I find useful from their website is that goodsync will autodetect when external usb drives are connected and run the sync job, thus making it one less thing for me to worry about.

Armando:
Late to the party but let me throw in a few bits of info.

I've been using SFFS for years and it is a very nice application and works very well. Tobias provides great support and the product is being continually improved. I can't see where it does partial backups though and can't see how it can, as is?

-nevf (March 27, 2007, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

For those who haven't found out whether Super Flexible File Synchronizer (SFFS) can do partial backups, or if it uses delta synchronization technology, see : http://www.superflexible.com/partial.htm

Basically : "In your profile, make the following checkmark: Use Partial File Updating, which is on the Advanced tab sheet in Advanced Mode."

MerleOne:
Hi all,

I have several questions/remarks related to SFFS, like for instance "is it possible to change the temp dir when using zipping" or "how can I easily remove a given file or a folder or some files from sync" or "what means obsolete dir in a file selection context menu".  It is ok to ask them here ?

I have also used Goodsync and find the later much easier to do simple tasks and also quicker to scan dirs for differences.  If I can manage, I'll do a mini-review of Goodsync.

mouser:
more minireviews of similar programs would be great.

grigsoft, welcome to the site  :up:  i've sent you an email about arranging a discount for DC members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version