Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 19, 2014, 06:59:11 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi mouser, I have a problem for the license key using in Process Tamer.  (Read 4137 times)
dd12345
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 25, 2005, 11:42:10 AM »

i can't find where to input the license key in Process Tamer.
i find anywhere, i'm using Process Tamer 2.00.15.
thanks
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:54:48 AM »

hehe i knew this would be a bit confusing.
thanks for the post i'm sure you are speaking for a lot of people who have same question.

in process tamer, you must open the configuration dialog (double click on tray icon or right click and select configure)
from that dialog you can hit the about button and enter the code.

in the next update of process tamer i will make it launch the configuration gui about box.

let me explain why it is the way it is:

people want process tamer to be super fast and efficient.  for this reason i decided not to put any license checking code in the little 150k process tamer tray tool, and only put it in the separate configuration tool which is only loaded on demand.

Sentinel
Columnist

Generally confused

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

I definitely agree with keeping the tray tool sleek and efficient as it is one of the best features of Process Tamer.

Perhaps allowing/checking for key entry during setup may make things a little clearer?  Otherwise launching the Config tool after install would indeed be a good solution.

Designated "proofreading free" zone.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 05:27:50 PM »

i think ive implemented exactly this now; and asking for the about box of tray caused the configuration gui tool to launch and show its proper about box where you can enter key - so this problem should be solved now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.32 ]