Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 03:00:45 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: About signing up to download freeware license keys - READ IN PLEASE  (Read 68176 times)
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2013, 07:12:54 AM »

@TaoPhoenix: Sorry if I seem obtuse, but I don't think I understand what you are getting at there. Did I mess something up?
If anything, each exposure to absurdity might reduce my tolerance - or so it seems to me. For example, that's why I tend not to waste my cognitive surplus listening to politicians, for whose absurd utterances I mostly now have zero tolerance.
jeannetteparks
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »

Too much work... any thought of giving a donation quickly faded with the amount of time of trying to figure this out
I'm deleting my account
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2014, 12:09:21 AM »

Maybe the Admins should give these occasional terse one-time "I'm pissed off with/don't understand the process, or something" account deletions a Class name?
For example (say), "GW" for "Global Warming", or something of similar ambiguity?

We could then assume there was always no need to make the effort of responding to GWs, since there would arguably be no point in responding.

Or has @mouser cunningly and deliberately engineered the process to be a little tricky so that it acts as a kind of automatic acceptance test (filter) into the forum membership?    tellme
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2014, 06:19:11 AM »

I always appreciate the "lost donation" kicker some people feel obligated to add before flouncing off. undecided

@IainB - probably be best if we all just leave any responses on this thread to Mouser and the moderators. Cool
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:26:20 AM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2014, 07:37:33 AM »

I've said it many times before but I can only sympathize with people who get frustrated -- I can understand why it would happen and I can all too easily see myself in their shoes and being more angry than they are.  So I apologize for the complications in the process.  I try to contact the people who post and help them out though the damage may be done at that point.  It's just that there are other programming tasks that have inevitably get higher priority to work on than these things.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.17 ]