this free program process tamer I thought was good?? until I came here, just to jump threw hoops, is just waste of bloody time!
Please explain how this is a waste of time to get high-quality software for absolutely FREE (you don't have to donate):
1) login to the forum
2) go to they Software Keys page, here http://www.donationcoder.com/Keys/index.php
(also accessible via Downloads, left side of the page, right next to the big padlock)
3) copy the key for the application you downloaded (find app, highlight text, right click highlighted text, Copy)
4) right click the application's icon in your taskbar notification area, next to the clock
5) click Enter License Key (or something to that effect)
6) click Paste From Clipboard
7) click OK
If you had gone out and purchased a commercial app for say, $29.99, you would do the EXACT SAME PROCESS but instead of having to do steps 1 & 2, you would get an email with your key, effectively making those steps theoretically...
1) open email application or login to webmail
2) locate email with key, and key within email message
So please, elaborate on how taking, at most, 2 minutes of time, is any more inconvenient than a similar commercial application. Mouser (the DC administrator and coder of Process Tamer, along with most apps found on the Downloads page) works hard to make this process as simple as possible, even keeping his applications free with optional donation, and you surely won't find anything comparable, from a nice and friendly developer, whom actually cares about feedback and end-user experience, anywhere else.
I do apologize about the rant, but this simple post annoyed me enough to type all this out on my cell phone. It angers me that people expect so much for nothing, and then when they get stuck, don't ask for help and simply try to take something they didn't understand or want to put effort into and make it someone elses fault. Ask for help, that's what we on the forum are here for! Please don't go off because you didn't understand something and did not seek assistance.