ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

free eXpert PDF 3 - Full commercial app, as sold for £40

(1/4) > >>

NigelH:
Grab it while it's still available. Make sure you register to get the serial number.
This is the full commercial single-user version of eXpert PDF 3
I've stopped using Jaws PDF Creator (V3.4) in favour of this.
http://www.pcauthority.com.au/download/expert-pdf-3.aspx

cthorpe:
Looks like a good program.  There are a few little issues that I found with it, but thankfully both can be fixed very easily.

First off, the program automatically puts itself in your autostart registry entries at hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run.  That is easily removed.

Second, when you create a pdf and exit the window, the program stays running in the background eating up a ton of resources (30mb of ram in Working Set alone on my machine).  You can change a bit in the registry to stop that from happening.

It's at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Visage Software\PDF Printer\Options

Change the DWORD value for StayBackground to 0 (zero).  If you don't see that DWORD, create it and set it to zero.

Now when you are done creating your pdf and exit the program, it won't stick around in the background.  This does cause a longer delay when you tell a document to print to the program, but I'd rather wait a few extra seconds than loose all that ram.

Curt:
First off, the program automatically puts itself in your autostart registry entries at hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\currentversion\run.  That is easily removed.-cthorpe (March 12, 2007, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't this a typo? There is no such address in hkey_local_machine\software.   :tellme:

AbteriX:
Hi Curt,
It must be "software\microsoft\WINDOWS\currentversion\r..."
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Tip:
If you find it, use the favorites menu to bookmark the key as "HKLM run".

Note, there is also such an Run-Key for the current user (depends which user is logged in):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HTH  :tellme:

Curt:
Hi Curt,
It must be "software\microsoft\WINDOWS\currentversion\r..."
-AbteriX (March 12, 2007, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

The PDF printer, vspdfprsrv.exe, was using 2.4 MB memory which is not unusual, but of course in no way necessary. Well, that's history now: Thanks for the directions!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version