ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Drawing with 2 mice

(1/4) > >>

Clive:
My ambidextrous partner is interested in exploring the potential of this trait. She wants to know if it's possible to have two mice (pointing devices) operating simultaneously so that she can "draw" two images at once i.e. using both hands to create different images on the same screen in something like Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks,
Clive

mouser:
fascinating idea.. i'd love to hear if you get this work eventually.
she might be interested in trying a combo of mouse + pen drawing pad.

nudone:
i can see how you could perhaps create a program that understood how to operate using two mice but aren't you also going to have to somehow override what the operating system does. getting it to work in a specific program like illustrator sounds even more difficult (i won't say impossible).

i've seen experimental operating systems (on a tv show) that used a mouse and a track ball at the same time. these worked independently and the user of the machine was trained to use the specially devised programs - one of which was a painting program. that was about 10 years ago - obviously the project never went anywhere.

maybe it's a simple thing to have two cursors moving independently on screen in a windows o/s - if so i also hope you succeed.

tomos:
I got a new mouse there a while ago.

For some reason, for a while I used the mouse-lefthand, and a trackballthingy-righthand.

It was good fun, and made mouse work less strenuous.
They both worked together - in Freehand at any rate

Was a Logitech MX310 & a Logitech Trackman Marblewheel.

Dont know now why I stopped - think I needed the USB port  :)

tom

[Edit] :-[ didnt read thread properly - I was using 2 mice but had only one cursor  :-\

f0dder:
Hm, two mouse cursors... dunno if that's possible on windows. And even if you get the OS to support it, I can foresee a lot of applications becoming confused. Interesting idea, though.

I think the only time I've used two mice on a PC was the old DOS version of Settlers (or "serf city" if you got the german (european?)) version - but that had it's own mouse driver built in to handle this. Pretty nice way to do split-screen gaming, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version