topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is it Possible to Run 2 Versions of WinCap?  (Read 9852 times)

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is it Possible to Run 2 Versions of WinCap?
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I'm asking because I have a old version of WinMedia recorder 11 that will not work with any winCap newer than 3.2 it won't recognize the adaptor, the new URL Snooper has 4.xx and when I try to run it with an older version it pops up a packet.dll not found error. Although it works fine with the new winCap.

The updated version of WinMedia 11.2 that uses the 4.xx WinCap won't work on my comp.

So I was wondering if there is a way to make them each operate on a seperate WinCap.

Or is there a way to get URL Snooper working on the older WinCap?

Thanks!  :)
The more I learn about women,
The more I love my Motorcycle!  :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is it Possible to Run 2 Versions of WinCap?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:29 PM »
a good solution is as you say use a version of url snooper that works on winpcap 3.x, since the changed have not been dramatic.  i dont think you have to go back very far to find url snooper working in winpcap 3.x.  in fact i thought the current version would run with winpcap 3.x if that was all that's installed.  never heard about the packet.dll error.

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Thank You very much for your fast answer Mouser!  Ye, after I thought about it a moment more and grasped what I was actually dealing with I agree that that would probably be the best bet.

I got the beta version to finally run by going to WinCap's site and getting the newest version 3 WinCap and URL Snooper runs and works but throws 2 errors each time I start it. I got it to finally start by restarting the comp after installing.   It first says langauge file ~program ~URLS~ ntv.lng not found. When I close that it pops a localizer not initalized message.

WinRecorder isn't happy with the beta WinCap though. it works sometimes then refuses. If I let it install it's own WinCap thats packed with it it works like a charm.

It's that darn finiky WinMedia recorder thats the problem.  If I put URL Snooper in with the new bits it is smooth as silk. WMR really works nice on most sites thats the only reason I even bother with it. URL Snooper and Streambox will do virtually anything even flv and shockwave and show links to "so called link protected" rapidshare files. So if I can get them both to play nice that would be cool.

Is there any place where I can get a older version of URL Snooper from?  I tried both on the front page same result.

My "old" version is just that really old. I've had it foir several years. 

The new version with it's multimedia filter setup and other new additions really ROCK!!  It is years ahead of what I was using.  It dawned on me the other day to see if WinCap had a new version and thats when I found out you really fixed the 'ol girl up! I was blown away at how much better it is!!

You really did a excellent job on it!  Many Thanks for your execelent tool my friend!!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 01:01 PM »
url snooper used winpcap3 up until just a few months ago, so ill find a version with all the new features and which uses winpcap3.  just give me a couple of days.

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Oh Right on Mouser!!!   Thank You Very Much!!  I owe you a couple beers if you get to my neck of the woods! (Hawaii) http://img44.exs.cx/img44/2303/borracho.gif
Is it Possible to Run 2 Versions of WinCap?

I sure appreciate you taking the time to respond to my problems. I normally can figure stuff out on my own (thats probably why that oddball error came up. I am constantly fiddling with this poor box seeing if I can make it do things it shouldn't :D ) but search as I may I can't find any versions but the front entrance's and my dinosaur!

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 03:41 PM »
url snooper used winpcap3 up until just a few months ago, so ill find a version with all the new features and which uses winpcap3.  just give me a couple of days.

Arugh. I wasn't thinking straight at all..... too wrapped up playing with XMPlayer and the DAP's.  I found loads of older versions. Thing I don't know is about where I should look. I have a 2.03.08 a 2.04.03 a 2.04.04  I havent installed anything yet to see if it even has the multimedia filter or not. Thats all I need is to find out when that was implemented.

Thanks for Your Time Mouser!  Aloha, KH :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:59 PM »
the latest version that used winpcap3 was:

Version 2.16.01 - Nov. 30th, 2006

So i think that is the one you want, or any version before that.

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Ahhh great Thank You!!   I was looking at way too old stuff... LOL

Aloha, KH  :)