ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ConceptDraw MINDMAP Personal (giveawayoftheday)

<< < (2/2)

edbro:
... exported the registration data from the registry...
-edbro (March 06, 2007, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

do you have to do that on the day of installation? (i.e. today?)
-tomos (March 06, 2007, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
They only allow you to register it on the day it is offered. You can save the registration data anytime after that. I use Total Uninstall to monitor the install. Then I run Total Uninstall a second time to monitor registry changes during the activation.

Crush:
Getting the Register-Information is very easy:

You donĀ“t have to install the program to get your key. Run Activate.exe. After the Registration you only have to write down the Serial-Number from the key: Software/Computer Systems/CD MINDMAP4/UserInfo/SN. Installing the Program asks for the key. You only have to insert the generated from the Registry to get the program unlocked. I sniffed the key with Altiris SVS.

I have to say: This is really a killer-application. Everything seems to be possible I ever searched for! Get it - as fast as you can!

tomos:
Getting the Register-Information is very easy:

.. write down the Serial-Number from the key: Software/Computer Systems/CD MINDMAP4/UserInfo/SN. Installing the Program asks for the key.-Crush (March 06, 2007, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

crush, i checked that -
unfortunately theres nothing after "SN" in regristry. SN is there.
Top of the list after "(Standard)" it says "Wert nicht gesetzt", which roughly translates as - Value not set/fixed.
That doesn't sound too promising. Theres nothing written after the rest.

The programme works fine - I did activate it but cant remember was it confirmed or not ..
Is the registration number visible in your regristry?

Crush:
Yes, I can see the registration without any problems. The key seems to be stored 2 times in the registry. The first is from the registration program-template, the next is the real entry from the installation. Normally the Registration-prog would copy the key after successful internet-contact from the template-info to the orginial info. The template is a very strange UUID-Key: (in my case ... yours could be a different ...) HKEY_LOCAL_USER/S-1-5-21-602162358-1659004503-725345543-1004/Software/Computer Systems/CD MINDMAP4/UserInfo -> Key SN is inside with Name=User & Org=CSO

tomos:
Aha!

found it under CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/etc
where I had been looking was under LOCAL_MACHINE

thanks for your help Crush  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version