topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Keep a full screen window on top in a dual monitor setting  (Read 6346 times)

xtekian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • .: w/xoco :.'/
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think the title explains most of it.. I have a two 19" monitor setup, and sometimes I am playing a game or something one the left side in full screen. Sometimes I want to do something else on the right screen, such as write a paper or browse the web. However, since the game is in full screen, whenever I move my mouse over to the right side and click on a window, the game minimizes on the left screen.

I tried using autohotkey and a couple of other programs, but I don't think that code which keeps windows on top apply to directx/full screen applications (i.e. applications that don't have a minimize/resize/close button on the top right).

I haven't been able to find anything that would let me do what I do. If someone can find a program that does that, then please post it =) otherwise, anyone interesting in tackling this problem?

Thanks!
TkR

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Keep a full screen window on top in a dual monitor setting
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Actually, i think there's a similar request in the forum.
Unfortunatelly, IIRC, there's no way to be able to have the game running on one screen and do something else on the other screen.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:34 PM »
There probably is a way to do it, but it'd either be game-specific reversing or perhaps some more general DirectX reversing. I doubt it's possible to do without one of those methods, though, but I'd love to be proven wrong - I'd like a tool like this, too, for the same reasons.
- carpe noctem

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Right, i forgot to mention that the reason i replied was because i also would love to see such thing, just never was able to find anything about it.

xtekian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • .: w/xoco :.'/
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 04:35 PM »
does anyone have any idea of even how to tackle this? there has been a lot of talk about directx10 and stuff, would it be possible to make a program like this for windows vista since it unifies a lot of different kinds of graphics coding?
TkR

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:34 PM »
 :) I think you could install the DirectX SDK and turn on 'Enable Multi-mon Debugging'.

Skrommel