topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: roboform2go or sticky password?  (Read 66473 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: roboform2go or sticky password?
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Hmph! All the export feature does is export the url associated with the passcard  >:(. It doesn't do anything with your login information. This is probably a good thing, from a security perspective. <sigh> I guess my earlier thought, which is to use copy and past to save all the information manually, is the way forward. However, I'm not giving up yet - I'm going to do the unthinkable and consult the user's guide for more options (if any).

johnfdeluca

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 04:42 PM »
I can easily export my passcards.  I simply open passcard editor and select Passcard -> Print List from the menu.  This generates a list with ID/PW and other fields it fills in .  I can then save that as HTML for further manipulation.  Not ideal but allows me to generate an export of sorts.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Don't bother the manual doesn't even have the words import or export!

Actually the Print List ... is very useful as an easily accessible backup.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Ah - that's great, John! Thank you. Nice to know that my info can be backed up to a non-proprietary format in the event that Roboform is no longer a going concern.

I'd better go update my support ticket now...

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Thanks everyone for the answers !

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Can Roboform be used with an arbitrary browser - I know it won't work with Opera, but will it work with K-Meleon, for example?

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2007, 12:36 PM »
See Here for a list of supported browsers

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 03:56 PM »
See Here for a list of supported browsers

Thanks...  K-Meleon NOT supported, though  <grump>  (closed Gecko engine)

mahaal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2008, 01:14 AM »
I'd recommend Sticky Password, because I'm working in this team :)
Honestly, Sticky Password is aimed now only for users who want to manage their passwords. But we are doing all the best to make password management features better.

Unfortunately Opera is not supported yet, however we support all popular browsers and usual programs. Even written on Java (this is really unique feature for now).

All features of desktop mode are supported in portable mode. Sticky Password will work in any environment as it works on your desktop computer. Portable mode includes such features like autorun when device is plugged in and auto-unload when device is unplugged.

Password protector feature also makes Sticky Password different from others. It will notify you when some program will try to retrieve password from another program or web browser window. It works in portable mode as well, so you can feel safe in Internet Cafe or at someone's else computer.

Just try Sticky Password and don't hesitate to ask and request features.

I highly recommend Sticky Password.  Of all the password managers I looked at online, it was the only one with a lot of features including portability included in the same price.  You can read more about it and download a trial at:
http://www.stickypassword.com

Thank you Lamantine, for a great product!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2008, 03:20 AM »
Hmph! All the export feature does is export the url associated with the passcard  >:(. It doesn't do anything with your login information. This is probably a good thing, from a security perspective. <sigh> I guess my earlier thought, which is to use copy and past to save all the information manually, is the way forward. However, I'm not giving up yet - I'm going to do the unthinkable and consult the user's guide for more options (if any).

Preventing export that you want to do, and that's a good thing??  Personally, I prefer apps to leave that up to me.  If I am foolish enough to do a dumb thing with that file, it's my fault.

But I don't like it much when the developer decides to not grant me full access to "protect me from myself".   8)

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 03:30 AM »
BTW, who here is experienced with Keepass?  I have been trying to set it up to see if I can use it, but I am having some difficulty with importing anything into it.

The only way it can do much with importing, it appears, is via plug-ins. And some of the plug-ins look like they were written in a way to confound users!  Others that look like they would be good are not available. (Downloads don't work or link to their downloads doesn't work). And if it can't import my existing passwords, then I don't need it at all.

Thanks!

Jim

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 04:51 AM »
Keepass?  [...] I am having some difficulty with importing anything into it.

I tried importing via CSV when I was changing over from Passpack, and that worked fine, but I found I had to supply ALL fields, even empty ones at the end of the line.

plug-ins [...] (Downloads don't work or link to their downloads doesn't work)

I've never had any trouble downloading things from the KeePass site; maybe there was a site problem or an an Internet problem when you tried?  Make sure you pick the plugins that match the particular version of KeePass you're using, though.

whippy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder while in use ,that means if you are hacked it is easy read , I personally was shocked to note this when told by another user …so I strongly recommend you dont use it for important passwords eg bank accounts ….after emailing roboform the agree that is the way it is and until they fix it I wouldn't use it again . I was a great believer in it until I was shown this flaw

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2008, 11:28 PM »
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder while in use ,that means if you are hacked it is easy read , I personally was shocked to note this when told by another user …so I strongly recommend you dont use it for important passwords eg bank accounts ….after emailing roboform the agree that is the way it is and until they fix it I wouldn't use it again . I was a great believer in it until I was shown this flaw

This has been the case forever, I think.  Or at least since I have used it, and I started using it in 2002 or 2003.  If you search you will see complaints about this way back.

Jim

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder

This has been the case forever, I think.  Or at least since I have used it, and I started using it in 2002 or 2003.  If you search you will see complaints about this way back.

And doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about Roboform as a security program rather than an ease-of-use program?

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2008, 02:31 AM »
…And doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about Roboform as a security program rather than an ease-of-use program?

That's why I use it!   :D

Security for my passwords?  Oh - I have that, too!

Really, I use Roboform because I have login credentials for somewhere around 2,500 sites, and I would never know them otherwise.  For secure passwords - of which I have a LOT fewer - I simply keep them secure.

Everything's a lot easier that way.  For me, anyway.

Jim

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2008, 03:33 AM »
I'm not sure if you're talking about the removable version but definately for Roboform Pro that is not the case on my system. I just opened a few logins in a texteditor and they're definately protected.

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2008, 04:56 AM »
I'm not sure if you're talking about the removable version but definately for Roboform Pro that is not the case on my system. I just opened a few logins in a texteditor and they're definately protected.

Must be RoboForm2Go (as the title says), as I just did the same and the files are all encrypted.  :up:

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13 AM »
That is very odd because you would expect RoboForm3Go to be MORE secure - given the intended use??

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2008, 06:01 AM »
All encrypted here in both versions. I just tested a fresh install in a virtual machine and it is the same there as well. Both sets encrypted.

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2008, 09:54 AM »

Is there a link to a site where that flaw is described? Or is it just private stuff? Thanks.

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 06:08 AM »
All encrypted here in both versions. I just tested a fresh install in a virtual machine and it is the same there as well. Both sets encrypted.

Thanks Josh: I was going to test the portable version but I left my USB Drive at work  :-[

As Carol said: it's what I would have expected  :Thmbsup:

whippy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Depends how you use it and I am talking about the Robo Pro paid version I bought . And it only happens when one uses it to log in , there is a time lapse whereby all your encrypted files in the actual data base storage are unencrypted even tho it shows them everywhere else being encrypted .

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 03:45 AM »
That is by design and is user configurable. If you have a global password in RoboForm you can set the number of minutes you allow before you have to enter it repeatedly. If you want to enter a password every time just set the time to 0. Rather defeats the point of the program but it does mean that no one can ever use your passwords without the global password - even if you leave you USB stick plugged in and unattended.