ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

roboform2go or sticky password?

<< < (14/15) > >>

J-Mac:
…And doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about Roboform as a security program rather than an ease-of-use program?
-Dormouse (May 01, 2008, 11:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I use it!   :D

Security for my passwords?  Oh - I have that, too!

Really, I use Roboform because I have login credentials for somewhere around 2,500 sites, and I would never know them otherwise.  For secure passwords - of which I have a LOT fewer - I simply keep them secure.

Everything's a lot easier that way.  For me, anyway.

Jim

justice:
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder while in use ,that means if you are hacked it is easy read , I personally was shocked to note this when told by another user …so I strongly recommend you dont use it for important passwords eg bank accounts ….after emailing roboform the agree that is the way it is and until they fix it I wouldn't use it again . I was a great believer in it until I was shown this flaw
-whippy (April 29, 2008, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure if you're talking about the removable version but definately for Roboform Pro that is not the case on my system. I just opened a few logins in a texteditor and they're definately protected.

Perry Mowbray:
I'm not sure if you're talking about the removable version but definately for Roboform Pro that is not the case on my system. I just opened a few logins in a texteditor and they're definately protected.
-justice (May 02, 2008, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Must be RoboForm2Go (as the title says), as I just did the same and the files are all encrypted.  :up:

Carol Haynes:
That is very odd because you would expect RoboForm3Go to be MORE secure - given the intended use??

Josh:
All encrypted here in both versions. I just tested a fresh install in a virtual machine and it is the same there as well. Both sets encrypted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version