ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SmartFTP Users: Adware As Of v.2.5.1004.7

(1/4) > >>

Nighted:
Downloaded this from Filehippo today. It tried to add a runonce to my registry concerning this file: NSIS.Library.RegTool.v2.{C480568F-0B79-433A-8399-52D704BACE84}.exe.

Searching shows that this is verified 100% adware. The company that produces this garbage is here: nsismedia.net

One detailed report here.

It was confusing at first as NSIS to me always means Nullsoft Install System, but my spidey sense told me something else entirely. ;)

dk70:
I just downloaded and installed SmartFTP from Filehippo. Kaspersky, S&D and I could not recognize NSIS, no file traces. Same version, file is called SFTPNSI.EXE, 3.337.00 bytes.

f0dder:
Might want to throw in md5 sums as well, for good measure.

Offtopic: nighted, what's the screenshot from? explorer with custom color scheme? looks nice :)

dk70:
Since you are infected http://kichik.net/2006/12/15/nsis-media-remover/ but other programs should be able to handle it by now. May be some useful info in comments.

Nighted:
f0dder, yeah it's a 3D Color Changer scheme. The script is attached.

Can't create a checksum, I deleted the file immediately after blocking the entry from entering my registry and taking the screenshot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version