ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

widescreen monitor question

<< < (4/5) > >>

kyrathaba:
Yeah, I have pretty much that same layout.  I have a slot that looks just like the AGP shown in this picture.

I mistakenly said, earlier, that my PC has SDRAM.  I was thinking of my old Dell.  My current computer uses PC3200 DDR memory modules.

kyrathaba:
ISSUE RESOLVED:  My new PC supports my widescreen LCD monitor's native 1440x900 resolution -- sweet!

f0dder:
Got a new PC instead of a graphics card? Well, that's a way to handle it too. Congrats! :)

kyrathaba:
Yeah, my other PC's motherboard went south, so I just upgraded: faster CPU, more RAM, better graphics.  Pulled the hard drive out of my old PC and put it in an enclosure, so now I have an 80 GB external USB drive hooked up to my new PC  :)  Also, transplanted a firewire PCI card from my old PC into my children's PC.  Wondering if I could use a firewire cable to connect their PC to mine.  If not, I suppose I could go with something like this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/8199/

f0dder:
pc->pc firewire should be possible, but I'd do a little research before just plugging in a cable - iirc the voltages are pretty high, so you might damage something. There were a few glitches with the first pc->pc usb cables, and those don't push as much juice as firewire afaik.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version