ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

widescreen monitor question

<< < (3/5) > >>

Nighted:
I'd stay away from PCI-e, considering you have an AGP slot.  ;D

kyrathaba:
Well, I'm assuming I have an AGP slot, based on what I saw when I opened the case to install the 512 Mb SDRAM DIMM.  I looked like I had two PCI-E slots remaining, and there was another shorter slot nearby that I assume was the AGP slot.  Can you recommend any low-end AGP cards that would support 1440x900 ?

f0dder:
If you have AGP, you (almost) certainly don't have PCI-E, but regular PCI slots.

kyrathaba:
I guess they're PCI slots then.  I guess I could take a photo of my PC's innards and let some of you hardware-knowledgeable folks ID it for me ;)

Nighted:
Yeah, and if you are still using SD-RAM then you definitely don't have a PCI express slot.

Take a good look at this, it will show you exactly what you have and then you'll know what kind of card to go buy. Let me know before you install a new card though as it's best to backup and then remove all your old video drivers before installing the new hardware and drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version