topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shell Tools.... Moonsoftware  (Read 5527 times)

Cuffy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Shell Tools.... Moonsoftware
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:01 PM »
http://www.moonsoftw...e.com/shelltools.asp
Shell Tools is out. Moonsoftware has included a handful of their old utilities, including FileNote, in Shell Tools. Unfortunately they still didn't include the 64bit extensions so we didn't gain much except for the bundling. I'm going to load it up on the 32bit machines though.......... I love new toys!
I've used their utilities over the years and enjoyed them. When I discovered that FileNote wouldn't work on this 64bit version of XPPro I almost cried. Nod jumped in and saved me then others added improvements so we survived.
BigJim set out to discuss our plight with the guys at Moonsoftware when FileNote came up and he was advised that they were going to fix it. If there is anyone here with a little authority I'd suggest a little chit-chat with BigJim about getting results. I've heard of cases where when the desired results weren't obtained the "Big" disappeared. :-\
YMMV

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shell Tools.... Moonsoftware
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I am disappointed that FontLoader doesn't support the "old" .FON files, they are not that rare, yet, are they? Nor does their Font Xplorer supports them, either! :(

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shell Tools.... Moonsoftware
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:38 PM »
slightly off-topic: but if you open the Fonts folder via Explorer and drag-n-drop some TTF files, the fonts will be auto-registered. not sure if it works for FON files as well.