topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 20, 2024, 9:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Six Free Online Storage Services  (Read 34427 times)

biox

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Six Free Online Storage Services
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 04:09 PM »
have you started using it yet biox ?
was wondering how it works... thinking that it would nicely hold my photos with a bit of room to spare ;)
sorry, cant help you on laptop
Had it running last night and it did upload 1.5GB, the plan was 8.1GB. I find their upload application a bit awkward to use as to non-resizeable settings window (rather small) and a very fast scrolling log. I know that I can read the log later on but then there are 3-4 hours wasted if something went wrong. I'm running an incremental backup now in an attempt to get the remaining folders over there.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I've been using DropBoks for quite a while now, I barely put anything on there but when I do it is really nice and convenient. It is all small files, and I don't take the time to upload GB of stuff I'll probably never touch again, so it works for me.

:two:

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I'm using dropbox, and its working great for what I wanted, lets me run a couple of programs from either my laptop or desktop, I can keep currently active documents there, so will be available wherever and whichever computer I am using.  Just what i wanted, tho I know some want storage I just wanted a more or less temporary place to have access to current stuff.  :)

biox

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59 AM »
I've given up on it for now. There's a 1k files per session limit and that's simply a bit too cumbersome. I'll try later again when I've got more time. Right now it's mid-term-test for 120 eager-to-learn-Maths-students  :D I'll try dropbox too. :Thmbsup: