ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Six Free Online Storage Services

<< < (3/6) > >>

kartal:
Adrive`s website states that there will be premium service that would offer more than 50gb. In that respect 50gb service will stay free?

from theirf faq

Will my ADrive account ever expire?
ADrive does not delete nor expire any confirmed accounts. Also, your current ADrive account will not be affected after we leave our Beta version. With the launch of version 1.0, you can upgrade to one of our new storage plans once you are signed in to your account.

http://www.adrive.com/products

J-Mac:
I don't know, kartal; that's looking at two separate items on the site.  I would imagine that we won't know for sure what the limits will be on the free accounts after the beta is over.
Right now, though, it looks pretty good.

I'm looking for something for online storage.  I have been using Mozy for online backups for a little over a year now, but ever since they released version 1.8.8.x it is extremely difficult to maintain a connection with Mozy.  Thought it was my own setup, and Mozy support naturally points to that also.  But recently I am seeing a lot of users - mostly bloggers - complaining about the same problems.

I just requested a refund of my year's renewal I paid last month and they are trying to talk me out of it.  But unless they can fix the client application or their server issues, whichever is screwing up, it is difficult for them to talk one out of leaving!

Jim

sri:
I am also using Adrive for storing files. For mp3s only, I am using mybloop.com.

kartal:
I personally do not want to spend over 30$ a year for online storage. All the options are expensive for me. I am thinking another solution which involves my brother who lives in another country. I will setup a private p2p server (sourceforge has some free private network applications) between my computer and my brother`s. I may even buy Powerfolder to do this which is a cheaper solution. Most of the commercial solutions out there is good for 5 10 gb backup but I need to backup very very huge files and projects that becomes very prices for me(over 80gb of project data, 40 gb of personal files, photos, and alot of mp3s). And to be honest I do not trust those applications provided by these commercial online storage companies. I have seen very quirky implementations like Xdrive. Fabolous free service but I would never trust its desktop application.

I used Adrive to store some files and share with friends it work fine. But biggest minus is the fact that it is only web application, no webdaw or ftp support.

kartal:
To my best knowledge the best way is to create a serverless multiple nodes system where everyone stores eachother`s data for eachother. But files should be encrypted in this case even thou storage is shared between trustees. So yes I would definetely support community based backup system where everyone is eachother`s insurance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version