ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Vista Start Menu Search gets more FARRified

(1/1)

KenR:
Since FARR is probably the most important program in the world, this is likely the most significant improvement to Windows that's ever been made. :)

...you can assign both keyword searches that open in your default web browser, or you can have it open a program/file. The only catch is that right now there is no “Browse” command to browse for the program or file that you want to open. I also noticed that it doesn’t support spaces in the file path even if you put quotes around it, and looking through the comments I see that someone else was having a similar problem...

--- End quote ---

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2007/02/23/start-add-keyword-searches-to-vistas-start-menu/

nudone:
when are microsoft going to put an offer in for farr?

and will mouser accept it?

Josh:
I have been using vista and I have to say, I love the search feature. Its not limited to the start menu, as has been wide knowledge since beta 1 of Vista, and can be used in any folder view with explorer. A great feature. Microsoft really did good with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version