ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Documeron on Freeware Genius: A great free program and website!

(1/2) > >>

KenR:
Here's a website that reviews very nice software. The program that's listed, Documeron, is a free, sophisticated "My Recent Documents" type program. I would recommend looking at this program and taking a look at the other software on the site.

Documeron is a small memory-resident program that keeps track of all the files and documents you access at any time in order to enable you to find and/or locate these later on. It provides a number of functions such as filtering by date and type and tracking of deleted or moved documents....

--- End quote ---

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2007/02/20/documeron/

from www.freewaregenius.com

Nighted:
Now if it could just restore the windows you had open after an explorer.exe crash....

Nice, I'll be checking this out.  :Thmbsup:

patteo:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket about Documeron, the following is just a general thought about downloading programs.

I have from time to time wondered how safe it is to download and install software from all over the place. The fact that it is mentioned by one of the regular donationcoders does give me some added confidence.

One of the addtional steps I take instead of downloading directly from the program sites is to look for the file in one of the more well known download sites like www.snapfiles.com, www.nonags.com www.download.com

In keeping with this "paranoid" mentality, I searched for the file at www.snapfiles.com and www.nonags.com and www.download.com, but it was not listed there.

Now of course there are many other sites like www........ that you could look from.

Just wondering, am I'm being paranoid or was it Andy Grove of Intel who said "Only the paranoid survive" or this is where Virtual PC becomes really useful.

And even with this extra cautioun, I find that periodically, I have to reinstall my Laptop to get a clean smooth running system - No thanks to Bill for having the OS full of holes.

nudone:
i tried it, Documeron, i didn't notice anything naughty happen with my system - but then i suppose i wouldn't.

anyway, it's a nice idea, but the way it's implemented is slightly annoying. having to scroll sideways through a collection of tabs to find the file category you want isn't a great idea.

there was something else that annoyed but i can't remember what it was now.

there's another program that does the same job, i remember Zaine recommending it but i can't remember what that is either.

patteo:
Here is another one, a shareware version

X2Net Recent Documents
"Effective, easy-to-use and affordable Document Management -- Now!

X2Net Recent Documents provides powerful features that allow you to manage, build and catalog all the documents you work with, into a virtual catalog. It automatically keeps track of the names and locations of documents and files as you work with them; without any additional effort on your part. Whenever you need to locate a document or file you can use Windows Explorer to find it quickly and simply."
http://www.x2net.com/recentdocuments/index.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version