ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

batch create image contact sheet from videofiles?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Nod5:
4wd: When I made the first version of the script I searched for alternative ways to control MPC but did not find any. After that I just stuck to the keyboard input method since it worked. But if there's a better way then I'll give it a try.  :tellme: I'm not sure what you mean by "HTML control" though. I can't find anything that seem to describe that: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22media+player+classic%22+%22HTML+control%22&hl=en&start=10&sa=N . Can you point me to some relevant page?

4wd:
Perhaps I should have said Web Interface :) MPC Web Interface

This is all referring to MPC Home Cinema but I don't believe it's web interface is any different to MPC.

Open up MPC, go to View->Options->Player/Web Interface.

Enable: Listen on port: 13579   (Default I think)
           Enable compression
           Allow access from localhost only

The rest should be pretty much default.

Then click the link that says "Launch in web browser..."

Once the page opens in the browser, click the link "The media player interface made by chobits".

That will show you exactly what you can control via the web interface - pretty much everything.

Nod5:
Cool! I had no idea MPC had that. But while a lot of controls are available, the "save thumbnails" actions doesn't seem to be one of them:
batch create image contact sheet from videofiles?
Another reason against switching the script to the web interface is that all users would have to activate/deactivate the web server before using VideoContactSheet.

Does MPC Home Cinema have more controls?

4wd:
Does MPC Home Cinema have more controls?
-Nod5 (April 19, 2008, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
The web interface displayed is the same as for MPC but as to whether the 'Save Thumbnails' is implemented within the interface you would need to look at the source code.

As you can see from this page MPC PHP Control, a code is sent to MPC to perform a specific action.

I've yet to find the definitive list of all codes that can be sent, guess I'll have to grab the source.

Personally, I'd prefer to have to enable the web interface for a program such as yours to work, rather than have to not touch the mouse or keyboard while it's working - that just seems counter-productive to me.

eg. I could give your program a batch of files to do and then go back to something serious like online gaming  ;)

Nod5:
I see your point. Other things being equal I also prefer solutions that don't use GUI controls and require keyboard monopoly during the processing. I'm not so sure if it's worth the double work in this case though. I mean, MPC creates each contact sheet pretty quickly. An hour long video only takes 15-20 seconds. So 50 such videos can be processed in around 15 minutes. That's just a coffee break. While some might need to process many, many more files, I suspect that would be a one time thing in most cases (i.e. to process all videos in their archive). For a one time batch a wait of an hour or two is probably acceptable to most. And once the archive is processed to then wait for 15 minutes every month or two while processing new files is no biggie either I'd suspect (that's roughly the pace at which I record stuff with my DVB-T TV card at least). Or maybe this is just the lazy part of me rationalizing ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version