ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Introductory C# web-based tutorials

<< < (11/17) > >>

kyrathaba:
Tutorial #9, the final tutorial in the "C# for the Completely Uninitiated" series, is online here:

http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com/cs_tutorials/comp_uninitiated/kyrathaba_cs9.htm

The next series, "C# for the Somewhat Initiated", will introduce WinForms programming with C#. 

kyrathaba:
This morning I discovered that the HTML file for Tutorial #1 was missing.  Not sure when or how that happened, but it's fixed now.

Work continues slowly but steadily on "Last Match Loses!"  It's a game where you begin with four separate piles of matches.  The piles begin with 1, 3, 5, and 7 matches, respectively.  Play alternates between you and the PC.  On each turn, you must remove at least one match from any pile of your choice.  You can remove more than one match from the selected pile (up to, and including, the entire pile).  Whichever player is forced to draw the last match loses.

There will also be a Player vs. Player mode.

I'm getting ready to begin work on the "C# for the Somewhat Initiated" series.  If any of you plan to follow along, I'd welcome any suggestions or requests on example programs you'd like to see, or other features you'd like to have included in the tutorials.

kyrathaba:
I haven't shelved the C# tutorial series.  Future tutorials will be more fun for me to write, as they will cover more advanced material.  I found the topic-matter for the first series (Completely Uninitiated) rather dry, although very necessary. 

Right now, I'm taking a break from the tutorials and working on an interactive fiction compiler.  Fun stuff :>

mouser:
can't wait to see what you come up with.

kyrathaba:
Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'd rather roll-my-own than learn one of the existing IF systems.  The compiler is a console application, but the interpreter will be a WinForms app.  Once I have the most basic of frameworks established, I'll upload it for some critiques.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version