ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Introductory C# web-based tutorials

<< < (5/17) > >>

kyrathaba:
keep in mind that the usb drive will look just like a regular drive so that any client who can access the main computer will be able to access the external drive, so i'm not sure your network admin will be satisfied with the solution..
--- End quote ---

This gal's idea was that she would only plug her drive in while working on her stuff, then keep it in her purse the rest of the time.

mouser:
This gal's idea was that she would only plug her drive in while working on her stuff, then keep it in her purse the rest of the time.
--- End quote ---

Right, that would work and might be a reasonable solution.

Keilup:
Question: can a non-SATA hard drive be put into one of those hard drive enclosure kits that turns your HD into an external drive, and then used with a computer whose hard drive IS of the SATA type? -kyrathaba (March 09, 2007, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

As mouser says, this is not a problem at all.  As a matter of fact there's a pretty decent one on sale at Circuit City right now.  More info here.  It involves a rebate, but it is a CC rebate, so you'll get it as long as you fill it out corrrectly.  Tomorrow is last day on this one.  It's not considered to be a top tier enclosure, but next in line.

Also, you'll find some great info about external enclosures in the Official External Enclosures thread here.

kyrathaba:
Does anyone know of a C#.NET development IDE that can be totally installed to, and run from, a USB flash drive or a USB external hard drive of another sort?  I'm looking for a self-contained programming kit, so to speak -- the ability to have a small portable drive that can house both the IDE and all my projects.  That way I can code whether I'm at my parents' house, or on the road, or at a friends', etc.

chedabob:
http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Download/

If you compile the source, you could just run it straight to a USB drive.

I wouldn't ever recommend it over VS though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version