ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Introductory C# web-based tutorials

<< < (13/17) > >>

mouser:
the tutorials are really nice.. gentle, encouraging, and clear.  great stuff.  i think i can see your future as a teacher. :)

i can only think of a couple of generic issues:
1) the fonts and font sizes can be a bit tricky to read on a big screen.. this isn't a big deal if the program you are using to make the sldies has other advantages and ways of displaying info, but it's something for you to consider if you are open to other tools.
2) tutorial length -- consider me one of those who thinks its better to err on the side of having short tutorials vs long ones.  tutorial 3 was fine length but i wouldn't hesitate making them even shorter, and certainly no longer.

again, really great stuff -- you are an excellent teacher.

kyrathaba:
great stuff.  i think i can see your future as a teacher.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment :)  I have, in fact, done a considerable amount of teaching, both in a college classroom setting and a weekly Bible study class. 

it's something for you to consider if you are open to other tools.
--- End quote ---

As a matter of fact, I recently scraped together enough money to get Camtasia, so I've been experimenting with it.  It seems to have a somewhat steeper learning curve than Wink 2.0, but also seems much more powerful/versatile.  Hopefully, I can get enough of a handle on it to do some cool stuff.  Wink does an amazing job, though (especially for a free tool) if you take the time/effort to use all its capabilities.  It may be that it is better suited to the frame-by-frame navigation of the tutorials I've been making, I dunno.  I guess I'll just have to experiment with Camtasia versus Wink, but I think I'm gonna REALLY like CamT.

mouser:
camtasia is a fantastic tool for full motion video tutorials.. it may not replace wink for the kind of slideshow stuff you do, but for showing real live stuff in action, it will save you a LOT of effort.

kyrathaba:
I've updated my online tutorials page with a YouTube version of the 2006 Wink 2.0 flash presentation I did on setting up C# for the newbie programmer.

kyrathaba:
Today I've added the third tutorial in my second online C# tutorial series:  "Coding Your Very First C# WinForms Application".  The most recently added tutorial is here.  I'm not sure why, but the preloader seemed to hang for me at one or two points.  I was able to continue loading the flash presentation by refreshing my browser window (the flash file is about 3600 Kb).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version