a few weeks ago i was in need of a possibility to log downloads that happen on my webpages.
As i don't find one that fit my needs, and was interested in the "how to do it" thingy too, i decided to write my own php class for that. And while working on it, i was asked by another DC-Member if i know a way to log downloads on his webpage, and then mouser told me that he can use one too.
So i decided to expand my quick and dirty class for my private usage to a full featured, well documented and customizable class. Then added some whistles and bells (ideas coming from mouser) and now make it available to the public.
Some of the main features of the class that i and mouser had in mind are:
- Get a detailed log for every download with many informations
- Get statistics that is updated leightweight and fast and can be shown "live" on a webpage
- Easy to use for novice users but customizable enough for experts
- Use it from plain html without any php coding (via an included helperscript) or from your own php script
- Log files are kept in plaintext csv format for easy manual manipulation and analysis, so no database is needed
- Hides the true download location of the file to prevent direct linking if you want
- Preserve counters even when file names change
- Safe and Secure
For more Info, all features, documentation and download go to the SendFileAndLog homepage:
Of course the class is free (Donationware).
PHP Class "SendFileAndLog"
A sample of the "live" statistic embedded in a webpage
If you have some comments, suggestions, bugreports or feature wishes, please contact me. I'll appreciate any feedback.
I hope s.o. will find the class useful. And again many thanks to mouser for his ideas, contributions and support while developing the class.