ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Live Messenger ads serve up malware

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
Shame it isn't available for download from the official site ... trouble is if you download it elsewhere how do you know if it is 'what it says on the box'?
-Carol Haynes (February 27, 2007, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Get somebody you trust that has it to give you the md5sum of the iso image? *shrug*. I did wonder how he could get away with offering the download, considering the stuff on it... seems like he couldn't :). Never grabbed a copy myself, I get by fine without it.

dk70:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3626266/Hirens_Boot_Cd_8.8_ notice comment at bottom. May be not true but there is a reason tool often appear more than once at places like Piratebay. People usually are helpful in evaluating downloads so if you wait some days after "release" you should be safe.

I once had a site bookmarked which were all about Hirens and ways to improve it, add extra funtions, make it work from usb drive etc. Pretty sure he offered "safe" downloads. Think it was a Danish site in English. Lost it but may be Google can help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version