ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In2TV: Fast, Free, Legal downloads of movies and TV episodes

(1/2) > >>

app103:
I decided to give AOL's In2TV service another try, now that I have a broadband connection that can fully take advantage of it.

They have quite a collection of older TV shows and some movies available, and as far as I know you don't need an AOL account to take advantage of it. (even if you do, you can get a free AIM account)

My daughter is a Godzilla freak, so I decided on the Rodan one. You can watch it low quality, youtube style, instantly, or opt to get the Hi-Q download. (I decided to go for the Hi-Q)

All the downloads are high DVD quality... free...and legal. (DRM protected though)

It is delivered to you at blazing speeds, 'torrent style', meaning you are getting parts from people that have already downloaded it, and you become a part of the distribution chain when you have the file. This is why the speeds are really fast. I don't have the fastest DSL on the planet, but I was really surprised at how fast this downloads.(read more about the technology behind it)

Even though it's DRM protected and you can't burn it, the license term is pretty generous. The one I am downloading has a 3 year license...I can watch it as many times as I want within the next 3 years. I think that is pretty good for free.

I have downloaded from them before (back when I was on dialup) and the picture quality is very good....even at full screen.

Their downloading software doesn't bog down your bandwidth. It is 'smart' and adjusts speeds when necessary. I was able to continue streaming music from Pandora without even the slightest hiccup, and it doesn't noticeably affect web page loading times.

So if you are looking for a little free legal video fun, give them a try.

http://in2tv.com

jgpaiva:
Not that i wasn't expecting it, but it's not available for third world contries like mine :(

Lashiec:
This is wonderful! It doesn't seem to work here, but since I'm sucking up college bandwidth, I suppose there is something blocking the videos, either a hardware firewall, or this computer lacking appropriate codecs. Or that the service is only available for the U.S. (if Portugal is a third world country, we have a problem ;D). Anyway, it's quite neat, as it has some of my favorite series back when I was a kid, like Growing Pains and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, and animation masterpieces as Batman: The Animated Series and Looney Tunes. Not to mention current jewels like Prison Break or Lost. This is really really great!

Add to this music videos (Dream Theater and Joe Satriani.. woohoo! No longer hunting for bad quality videos) and movies (this is even better than BitTorrent) and I could bring the site to its knees cluttering up the bandwidth. HA! I think I'm a bit excited, but it's a great discovery. Thanks app!

iphigenie:
Quite a few of these style of services only work in 2-3 countries because that's all they could negociate the rights for.

Although AOL owns the rights for a lot of content through time/warner so the other reason is that every country outside a short list is considered full of pirates.

:huh:

pob:
Just gave it a try myself.  Didn't require any kind of login at all (I'm not on AOL)

Just getting the Max Headroom pilot :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version