topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone know of a freeware frame accurate Quicktime (Mov) editor  (Read 10765 times)

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I took some simple movies with a digital camera and discovered that they were in mov format.

I look around for an editor to cut out some unwanted frames and the only one I thought was worth trying was Apple Quicktime Pro for US$29.99.

There's probably much better ones out there.

I only wanted to cut out a few frames and did not want to add titles etc. So I thought maybe that was an overkill.

Does anyone know of a freeware alternative to do that, preferably without having to re-encode.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anyone know of a freeware frame accurate Quicktime (Mov) editor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Does anyone know of a freeware alternative to do that, preferably without having to re-encode.
No, I don't know of such an app. But maybe you would like to convert the files into another format, say AVI, where there would be a handful of free editors. You could try Super C (scroll almost all down), or maybe do it online at Media-Convert

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anyone know of a freeware frame accurate Quicktime (Mov) editor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:19 PM »
patteo:

Good luck with the editing... It appears that my camera also, by Kodak, outputs videos in .mov format.

dhuser
My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!