ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (2/65) > >>

f0dder:
I kinda like Microsoft's Digital Image Suite 2006. It's a bit "dumbed down" and probably not powerful enough for you, but it's interface is pretty, and it's simple enough that even a computer almost-illiterate I know can use it. I dunno if it can still be purchased though, I remember it was a bit hard finding it even at www.microsoft.com .

nudone:
Hi,
about #2:

ExifPro is a very nice viewer that does show subfolders.
http://www.exifpro.com/
And IviewMediaPro also does, and uses IPTC/XMP tags, all in a very nice GUI.
-elpresi (February 19, 2007, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

just giving EXIF Pro a test drive now. looks pretty good, but it seems to start crawling along when generating thumbnails.

i shall play with it for a while.

edit:
i've finished. it's not bad. i couldn't figure out how to display my tagged images (i must be asleep or something). But, as i use ACDSee i've just gone back to that.

for anyone interested it viewing multiple folders at the same time in ACDSee, well you've probably figured this already, but i've just discovered (rediscovered) you can use the shift key to select a range of folder to display in one go. just use shift when clicking of folders in the 'folders' panel. of course, you can also use the ctrl key in the usual manner. this seems like a pretty neat feature to me as you can select to simultaneously view folders from all over your drive.

now if only ACD Systems would improve the tagging features to the program.

edit (again):
hehe, you can also use the shift click method on the categories (tags) panel to select a range of tags all in one go.

Nighted:
If only ACDSee would put back the feature that lets you see thumbnails of every image in a folder and every subdirectory in that folder. This seems to have disappeared. Who knows why, it was one of my favourite features.

FastStone is good, but the author seems to refuse to remove some very annoying glitches in favour of bumping up the version number for very trivial enhancements. For example, when viewing GIFs, the image name doesn't display if you have it set to show in fullscreen. I mentioned that to him a long time ago.

I'm using both actually, because each has unique abilities. It would not take much to make me switch to FastStone though if the author would only add a couple very need features. (at least to a long time ACDSee users point of view) ;)

Curt:
I kinda like Microsoft's Digital Image Suite 2006. (...) I dunno if it can still be purchased though, I remember it was a bit hard finding it even at www.microsoft.com .-f0dder (February 19, 2007, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

FUI:

Compare Microsoft Digital Image Suite versions.

Mail-in rebate offer:
Microsoft® Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition, $50
Microsoft® Digital Image Suite Plus, $100

[edit]:

60 days Starter trial (110 MB download..):

Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 version 11.1 has all the high-quality, easy-to-use tools you need to create, organize, enhance, and share family memories – whether you're an advanced shutterbug or just getting started in the world of digital photography. This 60-day downloadable trial contains features available in the full retail version of Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition, which will de-feature to minimal functionality once your trial period has ended.

Curt:
60 days Starter trial (110 MB download..):
-Curt (February 19, 2007, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I gave it a go, and installed the Starter (250 MB required..), but during install process it told me that the English versions of both Internet Explorer 6 AND Outlook Express was going to be installed as well...  :mad: .. my versions are of course localized; Danish. But then the installation was aborted and a popup told that it was not possible to install Internet Explorer, and so Image Suite could not be installed ???!!! This is outright dumm. Encredibly silly.  :down:  :down:  :down:

Right now I am ...(censored)...   >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version