ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (57/65) > >>

rgdot:
Build 494 crashed when changing views to DetailsWithPreviewTop, though it's something I can't reproduce. This was after creating, importing small catalog.

fenixproductions:
I had tried Daminion few days ago and didn't like three things:

* No configuration at all.
* For my 200MB cliparts folder it created 90MB hidden directory full of thumbnails.
* No warning before any changes or edits buffering. I had wanted to test it on my photos folder and I am lucky I did not. It would mess up my existing tags completely.

4wd:
Daminion took a LONG time to import my pictures folder (about 34 GB in just over 8 hours) but it's been smooth since.-Darwin (March 05, 2012, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

That seems excessive, here it took about an hour to do 115GB, (555 directories, 43515 photos).

* No configuration at all.-fenixproductions (March 05, 2012, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's beta software, it says the Preferences are coming.

* For my 200MB cliparts folder it created 90MB hidden directory full of thumbnails.
--- End quote ---

The catalogue is 58.6MB but the ~Thumb directory is 2.29GB.

Some way to minimise the program while it's cataloguing would be nice.

Darwin:
That seems excessive, here it took about an hour to do 115GB, (555 directories, 43515 photos).
-4wd (March 05, 2012, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps! But I'm "rocking" a 4 year old Core 2 Duo Notebook with 4GB of DDR2 RAM... Not the fastest rig in the world! Also, correct about the thumbnail directory - mines' at 1.86 GB; I hadn't noticed it on initial inspection.

Jibz:
Taking a peek at one of the data files in the thumbnail folder, it looks as if they contain the image in jpeg format at sizes 100, 200, and 400, encoded with a quality setting around 90. This probably explains why you are seeing such massive thumbnail folders for clipart.

Some settings to control what sizes are stored and at what quality might be nice.

Btw, anyone else ended up with the thumbnail view starting to flicker some images randomly, or even showing empty rectangles for some, after a while of scrolling and scaling?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version