ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (30/65) > >>

delwoode:
Its useful now but I still have many ideas to implement.  I'd love to make it available and get feedback about what folks like and don't like. I'm not sure the best way to do that.  I don't mind if folks use it but I'm really after critical feedback.  I'll have it in a form that is tested and working well by the end of the year.  I only work on it in my spare time.  Suggest some ways to make it available.
-StCroixSkipper (November 14, 2009, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you would like more interest and feedback why not make a separate post here something like "New image browser feedback wanted"
At the moment you post is buried at the back of this one

DonL:
[...] tags directly to filenames  [...] ok, this can also be done in a one-click fashion using XYplorer's scripting. Like you could set up 20 Catalog items which on a click do whatever you want to the current file name. All imaginable logic and rename artistry is supported.  [...]  Very soon you will also get customizable toolbar buttons  [...] -DonL (August 16, 2009, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neat! Though by the time I read this I had already done a small standalone AHK tag toolbar that works ok for my purposes. It gets the selected files path from the active explorer/xyplorer/etc window through ctrl+c and then operates on the filenames. (If there's great demand for it -- unlikely! -- then I'll clean up the code later and post it. Drawback: I've found no easy way to re-select multiple files in Explorer programmatically from an AHK script after renaming.) Anyway, I will keep checking XYplorer's development on this front. Customizable toolbar buttons that allow the user to run almost anything is great for many other uses also I suspect. I still like the XY's thumbnail mode a lot so I might use it for that alone with my script - I'll testdrive some more and we'll see. Thanks for all the helpful feedback!
-Nod5 (August 18, 2009, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Update: the next XYplorer (8.70) will support searching files by tags and comments, with full support of wildcards, Boolean operators and reg exp.

StCroixSkipper:
Delwoode,
That's a good idea.  And can I post the exe and dll as an attachment?  Is that appropriate.  I definitely would like the feedback and the forum to discuss design decisions.  I've got a few things to fix but give me a week.

tomos:
[...] And can I post the exe and dll as an attachment?  Is that appropriate.  I definitely would like the feedback and the forum to discuss design decisions.  I've got a few things to fix but give me a week.
-StCroixSkipper (November 24, 2009, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

you'd have to zip those type of files (or whatever).  Sounds very interesting look forward to it :)

StCroixSkipper:
Per delwoode's suggestion I've created a new topic, "New image organizer feedback wanted" and have made OverExposure available there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version