ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (16/65) > >>

JeffK:
IIRC, the catalog built by exifPro was about 180MB, that would be with minimum size thumbnails.  There may be 30,000 graphics but they are all small ones (like website buttons).  So my situation may not if fact be as demanding as yours.

It is a shame if exifPro can not handle your job.

Jeff

Darwin:
Well... early days yet. I'm not giving up on it just yet. I'm going to try indexing individual folders and see where that gets me. As I said in an earlier post, it's a shame that there's no option to skip files/folders that contain errors.

PS Indexing smaller batches of files will also allow me to experiment with the thumbnail sizes!

JeffK:
Not worth an uninstall and reinstall?  Perhaps an email to the developer might be helpful?

Jeff

Darwin:
I might try that, Jeff, although I just indexed a folder with exifPro at three different settings for thumbnail generation (normal, small, and tiny) which resulted in an index that ranged from 484K to 14MB in size. Not even the thumbnails generated at the Normal setting (EDIT: 560 X 560 Box) had the resolution of the Photo Collector thumbs, which were rendered into a much smaller database. Anyway, I think I'll try contacting the developers before doing anything else.

JeffK:
Yes that's not good performance relative to Photo Collector.  I might be totally off beam but I'm wondering if the size of the files has something to do with the metadata it's trying to save???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version