ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (11/65) > >>

JeffK:
I'm a naughty boy.  Looks my conclusions were made in too much haste.

1.  iView Media Pro does not give one instant access to your graphics, in fact it has to load them into a catalog, albeit a reasonably fast process. 

2.  StudioLine shouldn't have got second place either.  30,000 graphics slowed it to a crawl on my computer.  The graphics occupy approx 175MB on my hard disk, the resulting SL database, supposedly containing only links to the graphics and presumably fields for all the image info occupied more than 1G.  It didn't handle my disk beconing full very elegantly either.

3.  Looks like my choice of 2 years ago Smart Pix Manager may not have been a bad one after all.  IVMP is still very acceptable though and I find the interface, once the graphics are loaded, quite intuitive.

To be fair, my 30,000 graphics is a big ask and I don't think for most practical purposes people will have that many.

Jeff

JeffK:
One thing I've noticed about IVMP and SL.  If I happen to want to look at Graphic no. 30,000 I have to load 30,000 icons before I see it (this is the first time I catalog my graphics).  With SmartPix if I set it going in showing all my graphics and I scroll down to the end the last graphic is visible in seconds.  This is not an issue once the catalog is complete of course.

Jeff

tomos:
I will pay for exifpro-JeffK
--- End quote ---
Jeff
how do exifpro & SmartPix compare?

(have looked at exifpro website, looks good. Will go look at SmartPix now)
thanks for all the info  ;)

tomos:
SmartPix seems to have tagging as "Keywords"

must go back & reread this thread  :)

JeffK:
Just quickly - if you select an image and press Ctrl-Enter a table comes up with all the data associated with that image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version