ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (41/65) > >>

J-Mac:
Java - Yes for latest Graphics card driver, no for any alternate shell stuff. No WindowBlinds or anything like that.

Thank you.

Jim

Dormouse:
from j-mac's screenshots
-JavaJones (April 02, 2010, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

You've prompted me to look at them again.

First noticing that the 2nd box above the column headers is empty. It's the filter box & I don't know how to get it empty. When I have no filter chosen, it says No Filter. Maybe it would be empty if I had never clicked on it. Can't remember that far back.

Second, the columns far to the right. The last of those is the repeat of the File Name. But this is only partly showing even though the scroll bar is as far to the right as it can go. This must be a display problem of some sort. Could be IDI - sometimes it can take a while to get the display completely organised when you change view; and yours seems to go very slowly quite often (eg. as in changing style). The next two to its left are presumably Bookmarked and In-Sync. That means you are missing 8 columns. I assume that the Column titles for the 3 far right columns you do have aren't showing either?

Maybe, it has got stuck drawing the window.

cmpm:
Here's one found while browsing some other forums on image organizing.

http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/index.htm

not free

J-Mac:
from j-mac's screenshots
-JavaJones (April 02, 2010, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

You've prompted me to look at them again.

First noticing that the 2nd box above the column headers is empty. It's the filter box & I don't know how to get it empty. When I have no filter chosen, it says No Filter. Maybe it would be empty if I had never clicked on it. Can't remember that far back.

Second, the columns far to the right. The last of those is the repeat of the File Name. But this is only partly showing even though the scroll bar is as far to the right as it can go. This must be a display problem of some sort. Could be IDI - sometimes it can take a while to get the display completely organised when you change view; and yours seems to go very slowly quite often (eg. as in changing style). The next two to its left are presumably Bookmarked and In-Sync. That means you are missing 8 columns. I assume that the Column titles for the 3 far right columns you do have aren't showing either?

Maybe, it has got stuck drawing the window.
-Dormouse (April 02, 2010, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dormouse,

Actually I might have all the columns; if I scroll across all the way, bit by bit, I can see various other columns. Two specific problems, though: 1) No column headers, even above each column. Running my mouse across there doesn’t help; pointing and dragging does nothing so it isn't just that the separator lines are hidden - the headers are not there. 2) When I scroll horizontally IDI uses ~50% CPU resources, and there is a long lag between moving the scrollbar and the window moving - a long lag. Like three to five minutes to move a half inch or less.

I'll send in another support request and see if I get any reply this time...

Thank you.

Jim

JavaJones:
Uninstall/reinstall? Does it use .NET or anything?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version