ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (25/65) > >>

f0dder:
It's a shame they discontinued Digital Image Suite, it was a very easy-to-use and pretty intuitive application (even one of the guys at the museum who suffers from very severe Negative Electrostatic Charisma is able to use it).

I have no idea how it scales with huge libraries though, and it doesn't have the most advanced features and tagging. And I really do need to find a replacement, since we need to get all the museum's photos and slides digitized and organized... ugh! :)

Babis:
I know it has been discontinued but in case he may find a copy, his sister will find exactly what she's looking for.

Dormouse:
I've only recently found this thread and have been a bit surprised at the lack of attention given to imatch and IDimager. IDimager even has a free version. Excellent and very responsive programmers. Capable of cataloging 100,000s of photos, with scripting abilities. Major database formats so your catalog can be transferred to other progs in the future should that ever be needed. I thought they would be very attractive to DC members who want to catalog a lot of images.

Not programs you want to use casually. For that Picasa or possibly PSE Organiser would be better.

Maybe Hert or Mario would consider doing a discount for DC. Too late for me - I'm already an IDI user.

tomos:
I think we got sidetracked by image viewers :)
Suleika also highly recommends IDImager

I've installed it but havent had time to mess around with it :-[
I know another problem is, as a hobby, photography is already expensive enough - (I'd love Lightroom meself ;))
but of course with the free IDImager I have no excuse

PhilB66:
@superboyac

Posted about ImageWalker in this thread. Looks like it could do the job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version