ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One of the better if not best examples of flash based navigation

<< < (2/3) > >>

nudone:
i have to confess i've grown to hate flash navigation. the example above doesn't reverse that feeling.

f0dder:
Okay, first thing about the site that I notice is that it resizes my browser window. That's already bad-bad. The site is very cute, and I guess "it works" for a company like that. But it's still nowhere as easy and efficient as regular html, can't be bookmarked, sucks for accessibility, etc.

IMHO, flash should be used exclusively for advertisements and games, at least for the web.

mouser:
can't be bookmarked
--- End quote ---

really good point - you cant bookmark subpages, etc... i wonder if adobe is thinking about this..

Redhat:
OK, here's my view in respect of a Project Manager of a design agency.

It breaks nearly every single legislation in both PAS78 and WCAG 1.0. No HTML alternative is a huge no-no. The way the navigation actually works (taking away the idea it is even flash), is highly unaccessible for motor-impaired users. It even confused me.

From a marketing / promotional viewpoint, I have no idea what the company offers. I closed it way before I got anywhere near anything obvious that tells me their sector.

I would not commision this site if one of my team though it up  ;)

Deozaan:
can't be bookmarked
--- End quote ---

really good point - you cant bookmark subpages, etc... i wonder if adobe is thinking about this..
-mouser (February 19, 2007, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Flash has something nifty called SharedObjects which can be handled similarly to cookies. You may not be able to bookmark subpages, but the Flash menu could remember where you last were. . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version