Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 27, 2014, 10:02:39 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Autoplay Repair  (Read 6739 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »

This tool can be used for removing corrupted entries from Windows XP's autoplay and even create new or modify existing so-called autoplay handlers quickly and easily.

Autoplay Repair
• Create, modify or delete (corrupted) Autoplay Handler entries from the Windows Registry.
• Have control of the main autorun sections in the Registry: add, edit or delete single entries.
• Disable or enable Autoplay for each installed drive on your computer.
• Create backups of Autoplay and Autorun sections to restore deleted or edited Registry entries if needed.
• Multi-language support.

http://www-stud.uni-essen...~sddabacz/prog.php?id=apr

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

Nice little app. Thanks.

kimmchii
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »

great find, thx.

If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony
kimmchii
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:56:05 PM »

oh crap, .NET Framework.

If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony
imtrobin
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 10:37:37 PM »

I would disable AutoPlay asap. Virus from thumbdrives, portable harddisks, etc are able to spread when autoplay is enabled.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »

oh crap, .NET Framework.
coincidentally, there's a thread about .NET framework here.. Wink btw kimmchii, resistance is futile.. tongue

Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »

oh crap, .NET Framework.
coincidentally, there's a thread about .NET framework here.. Wink btw kimmchii, resistance is futile.. tongue

You beat me to it, I was going to suggest he betta start getting used to .NET soon. hah.
nite_monkey

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »

That is so cool, my computer doesn't like autorun, so it disabled it. I think I might just cra...I have to go change my pants now.

I would disable AutoPlay asap. Virus from thumbdrives, portable harddisks, etc are able to spread when autoplay is enabled.
hold down the shift key while plugging in the device, that will disable autorun for that time.

[Insert really cool signature here]
MrCrispy
Participant

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »

Nice little app, thanks. Seems to work in Vista as well.
jellydrop
Participant

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »

Could someone tell me if this would solve a problem with my computer no longer auto starting game CD/DVDs anymore?

All the categories shown on the screen shots seem to be for audio or movie CD/DVDs.

Thanks

cmpm
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »

Under 'Win XP Fixes', you can disable auto play.

http://www.dougknox.com/

Nice program there lanux, worthy of .Net..smiley
Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »

Could someone tell me if this would solve a problem with my computer no longer auto starting game CD/DVDs anymore?

All the categories shown on the screen shots seem to be for audio or movie CD/DVDs.

I don't think so - if you look at the image at the top of the thread it is useful for adding and removing handlers when you insert a disc - not repairing autoplay settings. The handlers are the list of programs that usually pop up to allow you to run an application when a disc is inserted.

MS have a utility to fix AutoPlay problems see here to download it.

If you are still stuck there are a whole pile of AutoPlay related articles here you may want to browse through.

Also here is an article from PCToday I found to fix common Autoplay issues.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:35:16 AM by Carol Haynes » Logged

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 07:09:58 AM »

actually the above program can do the following:
• Create, modify or delete (corrupted) Autoplay Handler entries from the Windows Registry. (see Fig.1)
• Disable or enable Autoplay for each installed drive on your computer. (see Fig.2)

so in the case of your CDs not auto-starting, you can try either of the options..

Fig. 1

Fig. 2
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:12:51 AM by lanux128 » Logged

Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »

Sorry - being stupid I didn't notice that. The other links might still be useful though if the system is screwed up in any way!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »

yes, i agree.. the more solutions the better..

PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 03:29:29 AM »

You could use TweakUIXP for that purpose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.059s | Server load: 0.06 ]